Our customer required a possibility to book Outlook meeting rooms from within SharePoint Online. Let’s explore how it was perfored with Virto Office 365 calendar app.
- A single view to combine and manage all events from Exchange Online shared calendars and SharePoint Online calendars.
- A possibility to create events in SharePoint Online calendar and book conference rooms sourced in Exchange Online.
- Send out meeting invitations to SharePoint users, Exchange addresses and external addresses.
Virto Software Components Used
Virto Office 365 Calendar App
- Add Exchange Online calendars to the list of calendars available in SharePoint Online.<./li>
- Next, create a new event for the Exchange calendar right in the Virto calendar app. There you can see the same fields as in default Exchange Online form.
- Select event location according to Outlook meeting rooms availability, add attendees from Exchange, SharePoint and external emails, add a description and save the event.
✓ USEFUL LINKS